Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1993 10:58:11 EST
1. Thanks for all those responses to me denouncing the mystery caller. I'll
keep you informed of any new developments, though I hope there are none.

2. SLU snubbed in 1991? How about RPI snubbed in 1990?? We finished SECOND in
BOTH regular and postseason play, and were "hot" especially in February and
March", even beating ECAC#1 Colgate 6-2 and previously second place Cornell
6-5 IN THE SAME WEEKEND! However, 3rd place Clarkson got to go insteadl.
        There should be a set formula to be stuck by. For example, Top two
teams in each division, plus top two third place teams according to highest
win percentage + top two independents. I'm a vicious opponent of VOTING for
team selection. It's like rolling craps off the rink!!

3. I have been real confused with some of the refs icing/offsides calls
recently. I thought that:
        ICING= team shoots puck from own zone across neutral zone to behind the
        line on which the opposing goal sits. Result- faceoff in offending
        team's zone.

        OFFSIDES=team member crosses line before puck into opposing team's
        zone. Result- faceoff just outside that line in the neutral zone.

What I have seen outside of "normal":
        ICING- icing called ON OCCASION when the puck is shot JUST OUTSIDE of
        the opposing team's zone and not from the offending team's zone.

        OFFSIDES- faceoff occurs towards the side of the neutral zone nearer
        the OFFENDING team's zone rather than the OPPOSING team's zone!

Though I will refrain from making a blanket conclusion, I must say that I
noticed this happening when RPI was the team commiting the infraction.

So what's happening here?

-Rich Vehlow, [log in to unmask]