From:
Kenny Zalewski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1993 09:43:15 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]> Kazrak <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>I saw this game, and the refereeing didn't seem biases...just _bad_.  NOTHING
>got called for almost all of the last two periods _and_ the overtime...I
>think there was one penalty early in the second and cancelling minors at the
>end of the second...that was _IT_.  There were a lot of _blatant_ things that
>should have been called (by both teams), that the ref was looking right at,
>and never got called.  I would guess that, as it was such a close game by
>that point, the refs didn't want to call much, but still, I think that was
>the first time I've seen an entire period in an RPI game where _nobody_ got
>called, and this was far from the cleanest game I've seen.

Harry Ammian and Rob Hearn were the referees for this game.  Both of
these guys are considered to be top-notch officials, and both of them
were recently sent to Europe to referee the World Cup.

HOWEVER, I agree.  Harry had a REAL bad night, and it showed.  A few
friends of mine who are officials, and who also know that Harry is one
of the top officials in the country, were disappointed with his
performance in this game, too.  So, I guess you've got a gripe.  The
guy had a bad game.  He's entitled.   :-)         -- kennyz

--
Kenny Zalewski -- Computer Science Department; Intramural Department
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 83 Albright Court, Troy, NY, 12180