Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1993 00:00:06 GMT
[log in to unmask] writes:

>Let's Examine the most recent weekend at RPI, shall we?

>FRIDAY, JANUARY 8: Princeton 4, RPI 4. A combined effort by Ammian and Hearn.
>        I did see some good deserving penalties by both teams get awarded, but
>        let's face it- RPI always seems to get more. Also I seem to notice a
>        lot of holding, tripping and hooking by the other team that never
>        seems to get called. At least one strange penalty called against us
>        resulted in a power play goal for princeton.

I saw this game, and the refereeing didn't seem biases...just _bad_.  NOTHING
got called for almost all of the last two periods _and_ the overtime...I
think there was one penalty early in the second and cancelling minors at the
end of the second...that was _IT_.  There were a lot of _blatant_ things that
should have been called (by both teams), that the ref was looking right at,
and never got called.  I would guess that, as it was such a close game by
that point, the refs didn't want to call much, but still, I think that was
the first time I've seen an entire period in an RPI game where _nobody_ got
called, and this was far from the cleanest game I've seen.

I didn't see Saturday's game against Yale, so I can't comment on it.

--
Roger "Kazrak" Jones, Jr. is: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
"The line between good and evil, hope and despair, does not divide the world