From:
Michael Burger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Burger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 1992 22:08:46 -0700
The idea of a College Hockey Encyclopedia will be nearly impossible because...

I know from personal research that most records from the 1970's for the CCHA
are not existent.  Nothing to say that past research into boxscores can prob-
ably reconstruct these numbers, but it may be way too time consuming.

On the positive end, the WCHA does have an encyclopedia-like publication that
has individual stats for all of their 30+ seasons.  It's fun to look through
the 50's and see players listed as defensemen-goalies.

The other problem would be would all this effort be worth it for the 30-50
people who would buy the book.  That's why a Pro Encyclopedia never saw a
2nd edition.  Nobody bought the first (trust me, I'm having a tough time
trying to find a used copy.)

*  Mike Burger                    *  We lose a little on every sale, but we   *
*  [log in to unmask]        *  make a profit on volume.                 *
*  University of Michigan - 1990  *  --Detroit area car dealership commercial *