From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 1992 00:05:57 EDT
Madison's Dane County Coliseum seats only 8,644, and I say "only" because
that appears to be too small for what the NC$$ wants in the way of a regional
site.  Similarly, Boston College's Conte Forum had been rumored to be a
possible site for the East Regional, but it seats only 7,884.

In addition, this season with Milwaukee getting the finals, I doubt the
committee would have wanted to place the regional in the same state.

I suggested to someone via email that perhaps Detroit got the regional
again almost by default; that is, the decision had to be made less than a
year before the regional was to be held (unlike the finals which are handed
out several years ahead of time), and perhaps other buildings were already
booked for the 26th-27th of March.

With St Paul getting the finals for 1994 and Milwaukee selling out as quickly
as it did, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bradley Center gets the 1994 West
Regional.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   mikem@{beanpot,bubba}.ma30.bull.com
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)