From:
Arthur Mintz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 1992 12:09:47 EDT
On Wed, 3 Jun 1992 00:37:39 EDT R David Smith said:

>Does anyone have any info on Cornell's recruiting?

The reason you haven't heard much about Cornell's recruiting is
that the man who knows the most about Cornell's recruiting, Brian
McCutcheon, isn't saying anything. He hasn't provided any information
to Cornell's sports information director, there hasn't been any
information released, and I don't know when we can expect any.

What I have heard from various sources of varying levels of
reliability goes something like this:
  - Cornell's recruiting class is large, somthing like 11 or 15;
  - as Dave Delchamps has already mentioned, Greg Ratushny, the
    younger brother of Dan and Kim, is one of the incoming freshmen;
  - some players who the coaches really wanted weren't admitted;
  - one of the players is a center from Winnipeg by the name of
    Brad Chartrand.

And that's about it. If I run across any additional information,
I'll post it.

I doubt anyone has been wondering where I've been for the past
few weeks (I pretty obviously am not going to make the Top Ten
in postings for this year like I did last year), but for those who
have, my absence from the list has been due mostly to the fact
that Cornell has in the last few months managed to come up with
more work for me to do that requires a lot more of my attention
than it had been able to do prior to that, so I don't have quite
the amount of time I used to to devote to HOCKEY-L goings-on. You'll
still see me occasionally, though.

Arthur