Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2017 22:19:31 -0400
Tom: I reviewed the first Umass goal from my DVR and then checked my handy NCAA rule book.  In slo-mo, it was a very interesting play. The Lowell player has one skate in and one skate out of the crease at the time of the goal.  It's possible he was pushed into the crease by the defenseman .  More importantly, it appears in super slow motion that the puck was actually put in the net off the stick of the NotreDame defender.

Additionally, upon quickly glancing at the rule book, it appears as if there is no longer a rule regarding man in the crease. It's now basically a judgment call on the part of the ref whether or not the goalie was interfered with in any way, no matter where the offensive player is standing. In this particular case, the goalie was way to the right side of the crease and nowhere near the scorer or the puck

As far as Sebastian's inquiry, do you mean the Cornell goal that was disallowed? If so, that was called because, upon review, it was determined that Cornell had been offside bringing the puck into the zone.

Sent from my iPad