From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 2008 10:38:11 -0400
This, of course, is the crux of the matter.  While I agree with what they
are trying to do (which is get another pair of eyes on the ice  to better
and consistently enforce the rules), the problem becomes trying to figure
out two referees instead of one.  While each ref is different, the players
usually are able to determine what each ref will or won't allow and adjust
their play accordingly.  How will they do that with two refs who's style may
be contrary to one another's ?