From:
Mary Beth MacKinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2008 09:07:11 -0400
Thanks Erik for the reminder about Frozen Four 2009 lottery entry ending
tonight.  Wanted to give everyone an update of our Frozen Four Host
Committee preparations.

Thank you for sending out your emails to the Men's Hockey Committee members
asking them to consider switching the times from 6 and 9 p.m. starts to an
afternoon/evening semi final session for multiple reasons including media,
fan, player and facility accommodation as well as the economic impact the
18,000 fans will bring.

The NCAA will come out June 9th and 10th for a site visit and discussion of
the 2009 Men's Frozen Four.  Please let me know what you thought worked well
from Denver, and what needs improvement.  We're already pushing for more
kids, women's and unique merchandise as well as FF2009 pins with our
terrific logo.

We're also really looking at each tangential event and how to improve the
overall FF2009 experience.  For example, Mary Beth's overhauling the format
for the Open Skate on Saturday with online waivers in advance, some form of
reservation for skate times and going between stations for skates, waivers
and pictures to make it less congested at the entrance.

Also, we're in talks with area restaurants and bars to create a grab and go
menu as well as extra staff for the semi's just in case game 1 goes to
overtime.  The in arena private club also will sell a between game package
which includes a buffet and cash bar to make it easier to eat/drink between
semi's.

MB's putting the final touches on the location for the Hockey-L dinner which
will be less than 1 block away from the Verizon Center itself.

Additionally, we're really pushing all the NCAA Corporate Partners to
activate their options including Pontiac, Coca Cola, the Hartford,
Enterprise, etc... so that all the kids stuff will re-emerge after its
Denver hiatus. The location of fan fest is 2 blocks from the Verizon Center
right next to the Rennaissance Hotel.

We've got planned events from Monday through the final on Saturday night, so
if you can, please consider taking some extra time to take in everything
we've got in Washington, DC -- museums, monuments, events, etc... or go
visit Annapolis or Baltimore for a 1/2 day.

Keep your notes and suggestions coming.  We're trying to blow your socks
off.

Destination DC!