From:
Martin G Keeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2007 23:24:45 -0400
Carol,

Thanks to you and Mike for the pointer to the story on Steve Piotrowski.
I've also thought he was the best referee I knew.  Close competition from
Matt Shegos and his brother, Duke, who left the trenches about 3 years ago
due to a promotion on his real job. Steve was mike'd in a game a couple
years ago which was a real education for me - his guidance to the players
during the game, without compromising his calls, may have been the secret to
his success since it supported his control of the game.

 I too hope he will convey his methods to the current crop, many of whom are
new to the CCHA in the last 2-3 years. One of the more promising is Craig
Lisko, a former Ferris State Goalie. I know he has had close contact with
Steve for several years.

 -glen-