From:
Rita-Ann Monde <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2006 13:16:23 -0500
On Dec 9, 2006, at 9:49 AM, Rowe, Thomas wrote:
> Realistically, I think Erik is talking through his hat.  Cornell
> isn't hated, but they are feared.  Its a high powered program
> capable of taking anyone down and will likely wind up winning it
> all in the near(er) future.  By the time you get to the last 8 or
> so teams, any one can get a hot goalie and take it.  Last year's
> Badger/Big Red game had to be one of the best games I have seen
> (although I had to watch it on TV).  I honestly think that game was
> the National Title game because I believe Cornell would have come
> through had they taken the Badgers.  We were lucky to beat them,
> but by the same token, had they beaten us, they would have been
> lucky to do so.  Incredible game with extremely well matched
> players and coaching.
>
> Rivalries abound in all sports and all geographic locations.
> Trying to decided which one is the most heated is a relatively
> silly exercise, but its the kind of post I enjoy reading.  I'm not
> certain how Minnesotans feel about it, but for Wisconsin, in any
> sport, any loss by Minnesota is a good outcome.  We love to see
> them lose, hate to see them win - but having said that I think we
> use the word "hate" kind of loosely because we really don't hate
> the players, coaches or schools; we actually admire their prowess.
> Its just fun to have an intense rivalry where we "hate" the opponent.
>
> That's my two cents.
>
> Tom Rowe
> Stuck in Div III hell with a bad team

The heart-wrenching 3 OT loss to the Badgers was an awesome game and
it could have gone either way. We met some very nice Badger fans in
Green Bay and as John mentioned, they were very complimentary and
impressed with the Cornell program. In addition to leaving my voice
in Green Bay, I left Wisconsin  impressed by the Badgers and their
fans. I wouldn't mind seeing another such game, but this time for all
the hardware (and a better outcome for Cornell :) ).

I do not mind if Cornell is *feared* :), that is ok by me :). And
Tom, I hope you are a good prognosticator.

Rita

Rita-Ann Monde
Trinity College 1991
Cornell University 2000
Currently residing in the hockey hell-hole known as Indiana