From:
"J. Michael Neal" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2006 10:22:53 -0600
Rita-Ann Monde wrote:
> Erik,  you  haven't answered my question.
>
>>> What did we (Cornell) do  (from the WCHA perspective) to garner such
>>> hatred?
>>> Did Cornell not bring a suitable "hostess" gift when they traveled to
>>> WCHA-land?
>
> I understand if the CC fans aren't too fond of Cornell given the
> outcome of the last year's NC$$ regional game.  I know in 2003 we
> played (and beat) the MSU Mavericks in the NC$$ regionals, however MSU
> went in as the #14 seed and realistically weren't expected to win. In
> the last decade or so, there haven't been many games between Cornell
> and WCHA teams outside of the NC$$ tournament.
It isn't whether a team beats us or not that produces like or dislike,
at least not for me.  Why would I dislike someone just for beating us?
That's what the game's about.

My problem with Cornell, aside from a couple of obnoxious co-workers,
was that the Cornell fans I was near at Mariucci when they were here for
the regional whined incessantly about how it wasn't fair that they had
to play on the big ice surface.  I was sitting in the Cornell section
and, as a group, they were terrible losers.

--
J. Michael Neal

William Roper: So, now you give the Devil the benefit of law!
Sir Thomas More: Yes! What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?
William Roper: Yes, I'd cut down every law in England to do that!
Sir Thomas More: Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned 'round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Man's laws, not God's! And if you cut them down, and you're just the man to do it, do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!