Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 06:13:25 EST

The only two times I saw David McKee play,
RPI beat him 2-0 (only 15 saves/ no PPG),
and then there was the ECACHL tournament
final vs Hahvahd, when he gave up 6 and was
pulled with ~10 min left to play.  It's a small
sample size, and I'm sure he played very well
in most games, but one can also make the
same comparisons of Cornell's defensive style
of play helping their goalies stats more so then
the other ECACHL teams I am familiar with.

I only mention this because from what I saw in
person, I cannot vouch for David McKee being
able to "single-handedly" win a game.  RPI's
freshman goalie, Mathias Lange (who is NOT
leaving school early) was much more impressive
to me, albeit I had the opportunity to see him play
way more often (I have RPI season tix).  And that
was behind RPI's occaisional "matador" defense!
Then again, RPI has high academic standards,
and no agricultural school to pass the weaker
students thru to the hallowed (hollow?) ivy halls.

- John Leimonas   RPI '81

P.S>  Before the "Little Red' Cornell fans bring it on,
       I still have a picture of a  Cornell player in a pink tutu,
       and I'm not afraid to post  it!

:>)

In a message dated 4/1/2006 1:45:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Charles Sackett wrote:

>You make many very strong and  valid points; however, if Wisconsin's defense
>is such a  testament (or reason) to Elliott's play...then why did Connelly
>fare so poorly when he took over during Elliott's injury?   I don't believe
>that he was even marginal.
>
>I  agree...the defense is very strong....but if you have seen him as of
late
>(returned to his previous form, might I add) it would be  hard to argue that
>he has the ability to singlehandedly win a  game.  (As does David McKee,
>might I add.)

True, but the couple of times I saw Wisconsin while Elliott  was out,
they weren't playing nearly as well.

--
J.  Michael  Neal
http://idonotlikeyoueither.blogspot.com/