From:
"Eric J. Burton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:26:52 -0600
Parise is moving up the ranks as one of UND best goaltenders.
Parise is also one of the reason UND is very successfull this season.
I think he has continued to be snubbed, but has proven the naysays wrong is
one of the nations best goaltenders.

Eric J. Burton
(701)-610-9466
http://ndgoon.blogspot.com/
The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time with the Blood of
Patriots and Tyrants.

I don't know if this influenced the voting, but to me Parise is someone who
seems to play on the edge of control - he doesn't play the angles well, and
he frequently flops around like a fish out of water.  Then when I see his
statistics, it's hard to believe they are his.  Maybe his reputation among
voters is that he is lucky vs. good.

On the other hand his backup, Phillip Lamoreux (sp?), plays angles
extraordinarily well, and rarely gets caught out of position.  I've never
been able to figure out why he doesn't play more, but I guess it's hard to
argue Parise's success.  He certainly gets the job done!

             "Eric J. Burton"
             dco.net>                                                   To
             Sent by: -                [log in to unmask]
             Hockey-L - The                                             cc
             College Hockey
             Discussion List                                       Subject
             <[log in to unmask]         Re: WCHA awards
             AINE.EDU>

             03/31/2006 09:44
             AM

             Please respond to
             - Hockey-L - The
              College Hockey
              Discussion List
                 AINE.EDU>

Its the Politics of the awards process. How about Jordan Parise being
second
in NCAA for Save Percentage yet doesn't even
get a sniff.

Eric J. Burton

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  The information in this message, and any
files transmitted with it, is confidential, may be legally
privileged, and intended only for the use of the individual(s)
named above.  Be aware that the use of any confidential or personal
information may be restricted by state and federal privacy laws.
If you are not the intended recipient, do not further disseminate
this message.  If this message was received in error, please notify
the sender and delete it.