From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 00:38:05 -0500
I saw coach Fridgen at the Pepsi also. Since I was the one who started the
conversation on the RPISports list suggesting that a coaching change might
be in order (this occurred two weeks before Fridgen's resignation), I
decided it might be a good idea not to introduce myself.

Another "rumor" I've heard in several places (and it's just rumor, nothing
from anyone "in the know" ) is the name of Mark Morris, former Clarkson
coach.  I know there was a huge controversy in Potsdam about Morris striking
one of his players, but I've heard he was cleared on that and that Clarkson
and Morris settled on the wrongful termination suit that Morris brought
against the university.

Again, this is just rumor and I have no confirmation from anyone attached to
RPI.

The idea of Stan Moore coming back is interesting.  Why anyone would come
from Hockey East back to the ECACHL is beyond me. Sure, it would be a
promotion from assistant to head coach, but he already was a head coach in
the ECACHL and chose to leave. Of course, that could just have been his
frustration with Union and their policy of no athletic scholarships and
former Union President Hull's attitude to Division 1 sports.

It should be an interesting off season with Fridgen leaving RPI and now Tim
Taylor leaving Yale. This is probably just the beginning.