From:
"Dr. Bob Hamilton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:58:33 -0500
Bob,   You left out the good part of the linked story.  Now that's funny.
Bob

Apparently Harvard University's bus driver had a bad feeling about the
Crimson's NCAA East Regional first-round playoff ice hockey game Saturday
against the University of Maine.

Viewers upset over missing the first 13 minutes of the game, which was
eventually televised live on Bangor television station WABI (Channel 5) via
a simulcast arrangement with ESPNU, can blame the Crimson's team bus driver,
according to ESPN Regional TV operations manager Charles Mason.

"Yeah, the team bus backed into our satellite uplink truck and knocked a
couple of satellites over," Mason explained. "I was quite stunned and amazed
by what happened."

Mason, who helps deliver broadcasts for syndication by the entire ESPN
network, said the mishap knocked the satellite signal off the air at 3:10
p.m. and technicians were able to restore it at 3:27. While the signal was
lost, Maine scored two goals and Harvard scored one.

"That was quite poor timing," Mason said. "Fortunately, there was no major
damage. We just had to reorient the dishes."