From:
Dave Chamberlain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:16:38 -0500
Yes, the pep band director has stopped dancing this year; Band members that
I have talked to claim that the administration established a policy to not
allow a member of the faculty(pep band director) to dance. Each year, it
seems that there is a different directer, and at first we all thought he
didn't want to dance.  This dance, normally only performed in the last
minute of the game when victory appeared in hand, has been sorely missed
this year, almost as much as consistent victories have been.
For a good part of the season, a "student" in the student section performed
a wild dance supported by the band between the 2nd and 3rd periods
regardless of score and for a couple of games from the platform by the
band(the dance in the stands appeared downright dangerous to the dancer and
surrounding fans). This was an interesting and entertaining substitute. For
the last several games including both this past weekend, I saw no dance at
all, but then I wasn't in my seat between periods.  Constraints placed on
the super pep band members appear to be taking enthusiasm away. I for one,
am missing what used to be great participation, that seems to be eroding
with this years director.

Oh well, I guess I will just wait for the one evening each year that the
alumni band and alumni director perform. He is full of vigor and enthusiasm.