From:
Joe Makowiec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:59:28 -0500
At 3-13-2006 02:14 PM, Bob Griebel wrote:
>Much as I hate saying "I told you so", we have exactly the chaos that was
>predictible when Sarbanes-Oxley passed without addressing college hockey
>rinks.

What do financial accounting standards have to do with college hockey
rinks, anyway?  We could get into the discussion of college [athletics]
being increasingly a [for-profit] bidness, but AFAIAA, college hockey
players/coaches/administrators/programs don't have to certify that their
corporations' financial reports are full, complete and audited.

http://www.sec.gov/divisions/corpfin/faqs/soxact2002.htm

Or maybe they do in the here and now?

Joe
--