From:
Jim Teresco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Teresco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 11:57:34 -0500
On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 [log in to unmask] wrote:

> What an opening ECAC Hockey League weekend for the Union Dutchmen.
> One night after rallying for a 6-5 win over St. Lawrence, Union
> never trailed as they defeated the Clarkson Golden Knights 4-1
> before a crowd of 1,960 at Messa Rink.

Here's the link to Ken Schott's Sunday Gazette story about the second
half of Union's 4-point weekend:

http://www.dailygazette.net/Repository/ml.asp?Issue=SCH/2004/11/07&ID=Ar03700&Mode=Gif

The official crowd was actually a bit smaller than Friday night's, but
it seemed like a bigger crowd.  We can be sure the building will sell
out next Saturday when RPI comes to visit.

It was good to see a game with a more normal amount of time on special
teams.  We had the same referee (Jack Dunn) as Friday night, but only
5 penalties were called on each team.  Union's penalty kill stayed
hot, killing all 5 Clarkson power plays on Saturday, and 16 of 17 on
the weekend.

--
Jim Teresco - [log in to unmask]
http://www.teresco.org