From:
Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 20:18:08 -0400
Just to report in after an exhilirating weekend. I did go to the hockey game
on Saturday night without my wife Karen, who wanted so soak up all the
pre-game hype spewed out by the obnoxious duo of Joe Buck and Tim McCarver
(both St. Louis toadies BTW), but only for about a period and a half. UNH
was ahead, 5-2, when I left and held on for the victory 5-4. What that score
means for the rest of the season will be the subject of another post.

As far as the UNH/Red Sox karma . . . I once told Dick Umile that being a
Red Sox fan was good practice for being a UNH Hockey fan. He did not see the
humor in my comment.

And for NCAA historians, UNH began D-1 play in the 1967-68 season. While
they have 37 years of futility, thankfully it is not as long as some other
schools on this list.

Greg Ambrose