From:
drakelore <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
drakelore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 23:44:27 -0400
I must say that in the first period I thought we would never have 5 on
5 hockey.  Guess Anderson just wanted to "put his foot down" early.

(Now please keep in mind that I at the bar I met up with some really
nice folks I have met before and was doing  a lot of talking with them
during the first and second periods.)

I thought the Gophers did very well against what was evidentally a very
strong Sioux team.  Other than the constant stoppages in the first, I
thought the game was well played and very hard-hitting.  (Although the
"hit of the game" that Fox chose I thought was an elbow by one of the
Sioux to a Gopher - IMHO)

It was no surprise to me that the Sioux slowly took control of the
game.  I am not saying the Gophers were ever out of it, but with a
couple of 5 on 3's I saw, the U should have scored on one of them.
Briggs looked good in goal.  I did not see the third goal, so I can
only assume he did not let in any of his famous "5-holers."

This was a great break for me.  This week has been hard.  I finally
made the decision to ask my temp service to move me to a job that is
closer to home.  The drive down I-275 each day is just too stressful,
and gas is getting too expensive.  And I had a bad case of homesickness
this past week and wanted to almost just get on a plane and go back to
Minneapolis.  (But then the temp hit 82 here again,and I decided to
stay for a bit.)  LOL

Hoping for a split!

Kathy M.
Go Gophers!