From:
Thom Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:20:10 -0400
Greg Ambrose wrote:

Dilemma - UNH has a game Saturday nite (vs. Mercyhurst), the Sox have the
first game of the World Series. What should I do. Actually, I already
know.
Hockey at 7PM, watch the first period or so, then bolt for the nearest
watering hole (actually my friend Andy's house) to watch the game.

Do Hockey-Lers approve?

and Erik wrote:

I know there are a lot of long-suffering Red Sox fans on HOCKEY-L who are
very
happy today.  Hats off to you guys!

Yes, yes, yes; we Sox fans are really happy! Even if the Sox do not win
another game this season, I am really happy for them. Watching the sad
faces in the Yankee dug out last night was a delight.

But, if our Sox do break the BRuth Curse (rearrange letters in Bruce Hurst
from the 1986 debacle) this year, watch out NCAA Div 1 hockey. When the
Gophers' Thomas Vanek stuck a dagger in the hearts of our Cats at the
Frozen Four in April 2003, Michigan Staters sitting next to me said "Your
Cats will win a national championship as soon as the Red Sox win a World
Series."

Thom Davis
UNH 71
Go Cats! Go Sox!!