From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:07:41 -0400
Harvard-Dartmouth is a no-brainer, IMHO. That trip is 125 miles, which
is not a whole lot longer than Dartmouth-Vermont is now.  That leaves
the four southern teams (Yale, Quinnipiac, Brown, Princeton). I think
the better way  would be to go Q-Yale, Princeton-Brown.

Right now, the distances between travel partners is:
10 miles (Clarkson-SLU)
17 miles (RPI-Union)
45 miles (Harvard-Brown)
65 miles (Colgate-Cornell)
135 miles (Yale-Princeton)

If you pair Q and Yale together, you end up with this:
10 miles (Clarkson-SLU)
11 miles (Yale-Quinnipiac)
17 miles (RPI-Union)
65 miles (Colgate-Cornell)
125 miles (Harvard-Dartmouth)
230 miles (Brown-Princeton)

The tradeoff is that in exchange for a longer between-games road trip
on one weekend (Brown-Princeton) you get another weekend with no
between-game travel. Personally, I would put up with another hour added
to one Friday night bus trip in order to get another Friday where I
didn't have to go anywhere.

John