From:
Gary Hatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary Hatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 23:13:57 -0600

> If you want serious anomalies, try ranking football teams that play a
> dozen or less games ;-)

Computer rankings are highly suspect in NCAA football because the data
is WAY too sparse to be credible.  Heck, the college hockey schedule
hardly provides enough games for a statistically sound ranking.

>> RHEAL since WI had three 4's and a 5 so paged down and found it at Ohio
>> State.  That seemed anomolous, but then looked at OSU closer - the only
>> reason this looks anomolous is that OSU was slammed by KRACH - 13th
>> compared to 4, 5 and 7.  So I'm wondering - why is OSU so low on KRACH?

> Also, I'm guessing that Krach "sees" the OSU loss to Mercyhurst as
> structurally important, whereas it's simply a loss as far as HEAL is
> concerned.

KRACH doesn't care whether OSU lost to Mercyhust or someone else;  it
only matters who OSU has played and what OSU's record is.  Ditto for
Mercyhurst.