From:
Joseph LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:07:03 -0500
And reading the NCAA seedings guide leads me to suggest that we have

# 1Seeds:   CC, Maine, Cornell, UNH  (only one Western team.  One Eastern team goes West)
#2 Seeds:   BC, Minnesota, BU, UND  (2 East 2 West.  BU locked to Worcester, Minn locked to St. Paul.  Keep BC close to home??)
#3 Seeds:   SCSU, Ferris, OSU, Mich   (All West teams.  2 gotta go East, and Michigan can't be one of them)
#4 Seeds:   Denver, Providence, CHA, MAAC  (2 East & 2 West.  Put Providence @ the Donut to boost sales).

Playing Joe Schlobotnik here, without benefit of John Whelan's script, sez:

Worcester:  #1 UNH  #2 BU  #3 SCSU #4 MAAC
Providence:  #1 Cornell  #2 BC #3 Ferris #4 Providence
Ann Arbor:   #1 CC  #2 UND  #3 Michigan #4 CHA
St. Paul:   #1 Maine, #2 Minnesota, #3 OSU, #4 Denver

There you have it, no interconference match-ups until round #2 and there could be some doozies for regional finals.  Of course, we have a few more weeks of the season, plus playoffs to go through.  But what the heck, there's 2 feet of snow on the ground here in MD and things are a bit slow.  Plus my back hurts.

Joe LaCour
Clarkson '77/'78