From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 21:02:48 -0500
On 19 Feb 2003 at 17:09, Deron Treadwell wrote:

> This Ivy League-only idea is interesting.  It would be like Maine, BC,
> BU and UNH forming their own television package.  I can't imagine in
> either case that the rest of the league would be overly happy.  While
> they'd likely get "some" increased tv coverage, the other schools
> would be able to use it more to their advantage.
>
> -Deron

Actually, the Ivy League contract with CSTV appears to be for league
sports.  From the CSTV press release on their web site:

Ivy League“CSTV: College Sports Television programming agreement
includes all 33 Ivy League sports

The full release is available at http://www.cstv.com/pr_035.htm

The Ivy League teams play in the ECAC DivI conference and the
playoffs, the the Ivy League maintains separate standings and crowns
a league champion for each season.  The league has existed since the
1933-34 season with the regular season champion winning the league.
Before the ECAC was formed a single playoff game was played if two
teams were tied for first at the end of the season.

Sean

Sean Pickett            E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Go Terriers             Beanpot Champions