From:
Joe Makowiec <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Makowiec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:31:32 -0500
At 02:01 PM 3-15-2002 -0500, Moller, Edward N. wrote:
>I have always seen it repeated for the second game if delivered during the
>first.  However in most circumstances I have seen them skip over the
>presentation of colors and the anthem for the first game.
>
>I don't know what the official protocol is.  I'm sure you could find better
>resources within the military or through veterans groups.

The original poster, Michael Bohler, is at Wright-Pat (Wright Patterson Air
Force Base), so he should have access to military protocol types...

Consider the history of the custom; this most "ancient" practice goes back,
as far as I know, to World War II, when it was done on a regular basis to
reinforce patriotism.  Unlike Flag Code
(http://www.usflag.org/us.code36.html), I don't think that the playing of
the National Anthem(s) is regulated anywhere.

<opinion>
I think my answer would be "Can you do it right at both games?"  If one of
the games is to be ill-attended, and you'll play a poor-quality recording
in order to have it, I'd skip it.  If, however, you can induce (at least a
portion of) a band to be there and give a decent rendition, it might be
worthwhile.
</opinion>

Joe
--