Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 02:18:18 EST
Well, I was pooped when we returned from Maine so I dozed off when I returned
home. Upon awakening I noticed that no one else had sent in the Maine - NU
stats so here in the wee hours I'll do it.

The game was played in Portland before 6568 fans most of whom were supporting
naturally, the Black Bears. Final Maine 3 and NU 3.

In the first period, Maine had a quick advantage of about nine minutes of
power play including a five minute major and about 30 seconds of 5 on 3. At
4:36 Martin Kariya capitalized 5 on 4 from Francis Nault and Nikko
Dimitrakos. Otherwise NU was able to hold Maine to six shots in the first
period during four power play attempts.

After being outshot in the first period 12 to 5, the Huskies turned it around
13 to 4 in the second, however at the end of two, the score was still Maine 1
- NU 0.

Willie Levesque scored the tying goal for NU at 0:39 of the third on a weird
goal that I couldn't see to well and I'll have to look at the tapes tomorrow
for a better read. I think the puck hit Maine goaltender Morrison on the
shoulder or off the glove and flipped high in the air and landed behind him
for the score. Assists were credited to NU goaltender Mike Gilhooly who made
a great save on a break in and then sent the puck over to Graig Mischler who
then fed it up to Levesque.

The Black Bears appeared to have blown it open with two quick goals just
before the midpoint of the third. Both were scored by Matthias Trattnig, the
first unassisted at 9:08 and the second 17 seconds later at 9:25. On that
goal assists went to Martin Kariya and Tony Reimann.

Beginning with two minutes and 8 seconds left in regulation, Trevor Reschny
scored the first of his two with assists to Mike Jozefowicz and Joe
Mastronardi. I believe the teams were 4 on 4 at the time. 55 seconds later at
18:47, Reschny scored again on a power play and an extra attacker at 18:46.
This time assists were credited to Jozefowicz and Chris Lynch.

In the overtime NU outshot Maine 4-1 but neither team was able to score.

Goals by Period:
NU 0-0-3-0=3; Maine 1-0-2-0=3

Shots by Period:
NU 5-13-8-4=30; Maine 12-4-9-1=26

Power plays
NU 1st = 0 for 1; 2nd = 0 for 1; 3rd = 1 for 1; OT = 0 for 1; Total = 1 for 4
Me 1st = 1 for 4; 2nd = 0 for 1; 3rd = 0 for 2; OT =  0 for 0; Total = 1 for 7

Penalties/Minutes
NU 12 for 35; Maine 9 for 18

Goal Tenders
NU Gilhooly 64:24 minutes 11-4-7-1=23 saves
Me Morrison 65:00 minutes 5-13-5-4= 27 saves.

Three stars: #1 Reschny NU; #2 Trattnig Me and #3 Kariya Me

Officials; Ref  John Gravallese; Assts Kevin Shea and Joe Andrews.

New Records
NU 5-6-2 overall (2-4-2 HE)
Maine 6-4-4 overall (3-1-2 HE)