From:
"Sara M. Fagan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sara M. Fagan
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 01:02:11 -0400
Well, I am now home from the final game.  I enjoyed the tourney except
that my team didn't win.  Wait 'til next year.  I am also a bit upset
over a misunderstanding I had with the program vendor.  When I stepped
up to the gentleman selling the programs I saw the exact same cover as
on the program I got in Albany.  So I said. "The same as in Albany?" and
he responded "Yes".  Well, I wasn't thinking that there was only the
Eastern Regional stuff in the one I got in Albany...I haven't looked it
over entirely.  But I didn't get the one in Providence.  I now realize
that I should have.  It wasn't the same as in Albany.  Only the photo on
the cover was.  Drats.

Not having a program means I couldn't answer the question posed to me:
How tall is the North Dakota goalie?  Can anyone give me the info?

Folks have commented before how tired they grow of "Hail to the Victors"
after attending a game with the Michigan pep band.  Well, I now wonder
how long it will take to get "In Heaven there ain't no beer" out of my
head.  Can someone tell me if that is North Dakota's fight song?  Do
they have alternate words?  I couldn't tell what they were singing.

In past years there has been much posted about bands.  Through those
postings and other conversations I have learned that there is such a
thing as band etiquette - such as playing on alternate stoppage of
play.  It seemed to me that North Dakota's band was ignoring that point
of etiquette.  I heard very little from the BC band but I was in the end
with the ND band.

At the beginning of the game I wasn't quite sure who to root for.  I
often cheer for the east over the west, but BC had knocked my Saints
out.  But if BC won and won big then maybe it would look good for SLU
who didn't get blown out by BC.  I was thinking I might root for ND
because I couldn't bear all the BC coverage on the local news (I am in
the Boston area.)  I must say that I was leaning more towards ND when
the fellow in the seat next to me made a comment as he took his seat (I
was wearing my SLU sweatshirt).  I was really pushed to ND when the BC
fans all booed as the ND players were introduced.  I am a firm believer
in rooting for your team and not against the other.  I don't like the
sieve cheer, either..

I attending the Hockey-l dinner on Thursday and enjoyed it.  I liked
meeting some of the people that I see post here.  I am sorry that I
didn't get to talk with more folks.  I am  looking forward to the
Hockey-l dinner in Albany next year.  I appreciated all the kind words
that folks had to say.  Thank you for making the weekend even more
enjoyable.  And again, I would like to thank the Hockey-lers who helped
me get tickets.  Your kindness is much appreciated.

Sara
SLU '77
Let's go SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!