Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 15:06:12 -0700
At 04:25 PM 2/15/00 -0500, TC wrote:
>BUT, I do take umbrage to the statements that the phenomenon of the fans
>ending the chant with F#$@ em up, F#$@, BC Sucks is a relatively new thing.
>I started following Terrier hockey faithfully during the '92-'93 season, the
>year before my freshman year at BU. And for as long as I can remember, the
>song/chant has been the same.

Yep, we were sounding off with that back in the fall of 1987 in Section 8.

Then again, that's when BU was struggling, sellouts were uncommon and TV
contracts didn't exist.

The funny thing is that most people know -- and chant -- the "rah rah rah"
bit instead of the offensive-to-sensitive-ears version. This whole
complaint thing reminds me of those school bands (BU, for example) that
were asked by their administration to stop playing "Bitch" by the Rolling
Stones... good little band riff, few in the house actually knew any words,
let alone the title of the song.

greenie
(six!)