From:
Eric Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 13:43:23 -0600

> (the problem is really a sociological one that just *happens*
> to extend into the athletic sphere; and quite frankly I know I wouldn't
> trust anyone to respect *my* safety, regardless of my equipment
>
> Finally. Here's a man who calls it like it is...much more than just a
> consideration of equipment, bad officiating and abiding by the rules.

    You know what that is fine, wear the full shield you can have it. I
believe that others still should be given the opportunity to not wear it...
But as we live in a society that needs to have organizations to tell us what
to do, I believe the NCAA is handcuffing itself with the current rules and
regulations. Now the coachs same coachs that voted to get these things
mandated want them banned and won't. Ever wounder why pros immediately get
rid of mask? It is a hinderance. How many are wearing them on a full time
basis in the NHL? The only ones I can think of are the ones that are
suffering from a face injury. The minute it heals they shed them things.