From:
Craig Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 22:34:31 -0600
From:                   "Todd E. Finnerty" <[log in to unmask]>

> Does a CHA team (or MAAC, etc) stand a chance at the NCAA tournament?

If you mean, can they get into the tournament, I'd say Niagara probably
has a shot if they continue to put up the numbers.  By some
arrangements (not including the one the committee actually used), they
snuck in last year.

Doubt if the MAAC will get in, though.  In their few opportunities
against the established conferences, they haven't really done anything.
 In 16 non-conference games, they've won three, all against a woeful
Army team.  Even if Quinnipiac should manage to qualify by the stats,
which is looking to be more doubtful this year with the increased
intermingling of schedules, I'm sure the NCAA would use ad-hoccery to
exclude them again.

--
 Craig Powers                   NU ChE class of '98
 [log in to unmask]       http://lynx.neu.edu/home/httpd/c/cpowers

"Good..bad....I'm the guy with the gun." -- "Ash" in *Army of Darkness*