From:
Randy May <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 13:52:59 EST
In a message dated 3/7/99 10:00:15 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<<1)  Several sites offer comprehensive coverage of games

played--schedules--polls--etc.  There was a day when this list provided the

most immediate info on games.>>

I agree 100%.

<< 2)  A few people enjoyed complaining and dumping on people who

were trying to contribute legitimate topics for discussion. >>

So "discussion" means everyone has to agree on what the topic should be....and
naturally? Are you trying to say there are hockey fans out there that are
staying away from this list because they are afraid of being "dumped on"?
nothing could be further from the truth! Hockey fans stick there neck out more
than fans of any other sport...this should only INCREASE traffic!

<<3) Some people made personal attacks on coaches and players and

Doug Woog and Dan Spehar are imbeciles! It's not our fault they are that way!
Don't kill the messengers!

<<4)  Some people moaned and groaned about things such as

incomplete box scores(lack of penalties), high school scores, things which

were not "pure enough" for the list.>>

I don't think lists of things that are wrong with the list are pure enough for
the list myself.

<<5)  Leading contributers either did not have the time to post or

put their energies elsewhere.>>

I resent that remark! Since I contribute energy to the list I am NOT a LEADING
contributor??? There should be some sort of Ratings Percentage Index and/or
Pair Wise Rankings for hockey-l posters maybe! I bet I finish in the top 12!!!

DISCLAIMER: The above contributions should be taken only in a humorous light
only. Any resemblance to anything remotely serious, less than toungue in
cheek, or to persons living or dead is strictly coincidental.

One more thing....posts make posts. Here's mine. May it reproduce bountifully.

Go CCTigers!!!

Randy May