Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1992 12:29:30 EST
Quote (via the Michigan Daily) from LSSU head coach Jeff Jackson:

"We couldn't get anything started because of the blatant stick holding.
My guys needed two sticks out there, one for the Michigan player and one
for themselves.  The new rules were supposed to stop that.  My guys
understand the rules, and you won't see them holding sticks anymore."

Anymore must be refering to AFTER this past series, because the Lakers
(as well as the Wolverines) are stick-holding extraodinaires.

Another note - I noticed that the LSSU players (especially Clayton Beddoes)
were picking up the maize and blue brooms that were tossed onto the ice
after the Michigan sweep.  I bet we see those brooms tossed back in our
face if LSSU defeats Michigan in the CCHA or NC$$ tournament.  An
interesting motivational tool.

John Haeussler
Univ of Michigan('89,'90)
GO BLUE!