From:
Indy Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Indy Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 15:25:40 -0600
On Monday, January 04, 1999 Ken Cutler wrote:

> Before we start drawing too many conclusions about the loss to
> Notre Dame by
> the Sioux don't forget that they beat them 8-1 the previous night and lost
> 4-3 when the backup goalie gave up 4 goals on 8 shots.  They still outshot
> the Irish 2-1. This should by no means diminish the Irish' accomplishment
> but I wouldn't stick the fork in NoDak yet. They are clearly still no. 1

Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but I don't remember seeing anyone
pooh-poohing the Sioux for losing. But then, I haven't really been following
UNoDak recently. Alls I know is that the WCHA has 2 great teams (the Sioux
and CC), while the rest of the league is mediocre at best.

With all due respect, you don't seem to have enough to worry about. As a
Gopher fan, I get ill when I realize that I'm *happy* that the Gophs were
able to tie BC in their second game this past weekend, after punting the
first game 8-4 (the Golden Ground Squirrels gave up 5 3rd period goals in
that one). As long as your not using your sticking fork, may I borrow it?

Please excuse the preceding rantings of a bitter old man...

-Indy Rutks ([log in to unmask])