From:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 11:14:23 -0600
> It would certainly seem to merit expanding the poll somewhat
> considering that 12 teams go to the NCAA tournament (which I think
> should be expanded to 16, but that is another thread).

To counter that argument -- 64 teams make the NCAA basketball tournament,
but there's still only a Top 25.

Seeing the NCAA Tournament expanded to 16 is something everyone in hockey
wants to see, but it's against NCAA regulations because of the ratio of
tournament teams to total teams. Hopefully, with the MAAC teams included,
hockey can get an exemption - which they now have just to be allowed to have
12 teams in.

AW