From:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 13:11:04 -0400
Just got a reply from Gary Anderson, the SID at UNO, on an e-mail where I
sent him some suggestions for next year's games (keep both the band and
piped music, expand what the cheerleaders do, etc.). He mentioned that they
are going to try to add replay boards to the Omaha Civic Auditorium for next
fall's games if they can. I think that'd pretty cool. I just wonder if the
city would pay for it (being a city owned facility) or if UNO would pay for
it. And if the latter, would Creighton pitch in too (they play their
basketball games at the Civic)? Oh well, I'm sure we'll hear more about this
in 5-6 months when the first game nears.

You guys will be the first to know whenever I see the full schedule for next
season, I don't know anything new since my last schedule update.

Oh, UNO is making a presentation at the CCHA conference, but is not applying
for membership at the meetings. They(UNO admin) also have said they are no
longer seeking to enter a conference as early as possible, but are instead
making sure they enter the right conference. Sounds like they're trying to
slow down and think this out, which is a good sign they're looking down the
road and not gonna screw up their future.

Ben F.
U!N!O! U!N!O!