From:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 02:36:52 -0500
I of course knew that 18 players on scholarships is not an absolute, and
didn't expect to be taken that literally.

I was simply trying to point out the fallacy in the argument.

BC and Michigan have large recruiting classes because they have that
many scholarships to fill.  Not NECESSARILY because there's so many good
freshmen out there they were hoarding them up.

That's a different argument -- and the discussion wasn't about whether
freshmen of this year are better, per se.  But that whether the FACT of
BC and Michigan have A LOT of freshman did in fact prove that point.

The amount of freshmen those two schools have doesn't do anything to
prove the point of more talent coming into college hockey.

Other facts might, but not that one.

AW