From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 21:44:56 -0400
We're each half right.

The various championship banners are new, the retired number banners for
Bruins and Celtics were brought over from the old barn.  My earlier post
concentrated mostly on the retired numbers.  I felt that somehow the
retired numbers of Robert Gordon Orr, Esposito, etc. hanging above the NC$$
ice would not besmirch the fine reputation of upaid student athletes.  I
guess the NC$$ thinks otherwise, by way of Mr. Buttafuoco's reply to my
inquiry.

Update - For those that remember the old building, they have aggressively
begun the demo, starting with the east end ( the Zamboni entrance end ).

>> Dan Doucette wrote:
>>                          But the banners remain...oops, you
>> didn't see them at the Final Four because of the NCAA rules.
>
>Actually, the banners in the Fleet Center are new banners.  If they had
>used the banners from the Garden in the Fleet Center, they would have
>been much smaller and not been very legible.
>
>I think that not very much as carried over from the old building, except
>for the Celtics parquet floor, and I'm not too sure about that.
>
>Adam
>
>HOCKEY-L is for discussion of college ice hockey;  send information to
>[log in to unmask], The College Hockey Information List.

Dan Doucette
UMaine 78 MPA 80

*** Beers may now be in the booth, but Jean-Yves Roy ***
***    should be kept with the big club in Boston     ***
***   Is there anyone better now with Providence ??  ***

 And when will Rutgers become a "real" school and start
            a Div. 1 college hockey program ?