From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 23:48:43 -0400

>D B Doucette wrote:
>
>>OK, who SHOULD do play-by-play on ESPN ?  With all the wailing on this
>>subject on the list, perhaps we could hear about who might be better in the
>>place of Mr. Levy ?
>>>
>How about Sean McDonough?  I believe he still freelances for ESPN, but is
>under contract w/CBS (for whom hell probably do a hole at The Masters this
>week) and WABU in Boston as the Red Sox broadcaster.  Sean preceded Bob
>Kurtz as the college hockey guy for NESN.
>
>Karen (Ambrose) reply above --

I would have suggested McDonough myself, except that the Disney/ABC/ESPN
troika would never hire a person whose primary employment is currently with
the CBS network.

The favorable thing is what you mentioned about NESN.  I liked how he
stretched out the home town name of current WBZ radio color man for the
Boston Bruins, their former defenseman and Maine graduate Bob Beers.  I
think he may have been the broadcaster who made Cheektowaga NY famous
whenever he did a Maine game.

However, I will not forgive his dad for his constant screeds against Shawn
Walsh, while he let BC and UMass off more easily although having much more
questionable violations.

Dan Doucette
UMaine 78 MPA 80

*** Beers may now be in the booth, but Jean-Yves Roy ***
***    should be kept with the big club in Boston     ***
***   Is there anyone better now with Providence ??  ***

 And when will Rutgers become a "real" school and start
            a Div. 1 college hockey program ?