From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 00:29:46 -0400
Somewhere I read on the list about USA Today coverage and began to wonder:
with good attendance at the regionals and the sellouts at the FleetCenter,
why doesn't USA Today make up an insert for college hockey championships ?
I suspect, though, they'll do baseball first, probably in Baseball Weekly.

OK, who SHOULD do play-by-play on ESPN ?  With all the wailing on this
subject on the list, perhaps we could hear about who might be better in the
place of Mr. Levy ?

Only one post made a suggestion: John Saunders.  I like that, but I'll make
another suggestion, which I prefer:  Gary Thorne.  He started his
broadcasting career with Maine hockey (which should not count against him),
and has the best pipes in (American) hockey broadcasting since the great
Dan Kelley.  Who does a better job on the national broadcasts ?

Comments about Hockey Night In Canada broadcasters do not count (unless TSN
or the CBC shows the NC$$ championship -- do they ?)

Dan Doucette
UMaine 78 MPA 80

*** Beers may now be in the booth, but Jean-Yves Roy ***
***    should be kept with the big club in Boston     ***
***   Is there anyone better now with Providence ??  ***

 And when will Rutgers become a "real" school and start
            a Div. 1 college hockey program ?