From:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 23:43:54 -0600
>So here's the big question for the peanut gallery... if the tournament
>committee looks at the PWR "and nothing else" as some have said, then
>playoff results have little to do with seeding and byes -- they only
help
>determine who gets the automatic bids. Given that...

Why do you say "as some people have said"   ---- this is a fact --- this
isn't some rumor floating around.  These are documented facts.   That's
what they do ...

Now -- PWR continues through conference tournaments --- so they do have
a bearing. Playoff results have a lot to do with things.

>What about the ECAC squads -- what kind of upset would it take to
eliminate
>Clarkson from the tournament? Would a first-round loss be enough?
Clarkson
>currently sits in 6th in the PWR; would that loss knock them down that
many
>places?

No.  Like with Vermont last year, when I emphatically stated they are
IN, period ... and some people refused to believe it ... Clarkson is in
(even though I admit I haven't checked the numbers -- I'll take the
gamble and go out on the limb --- logic tells me it's impossible to drop
from 6th to 10th at this point).  Case closed.

AW