From:
"R. David Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
R. David Smith
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 15:15:46 -0500
Living in the college hockey wasteland of Akron, Ohio, I have been mainly
a reader in the last 3 years and not much of a contributor...but I have to
say I am impressed with the job that OSU has done in building itself up
into a contender again.  Having lived through and seen some of the worst
hockey played in Div. I while I was at OSU for medical school (91-95), it
is gratifying even if from afar.  One has to figure that the combination
of a different coach along with the new Schottenstein center set to go
next year (?) has had a lot to do with it.  At many institutions, the
replacement of an old and venerable facility with a new one usually
invokes much nostalgia among team fans...but I seriously doubt there will
be any mourners when OSU plays its last game in that
poor-excuse-for-a-barn-let-alone-a-Div. I-hockey-rink.

Looking forward to routine thumpings of Michigan....:-)

Dave Smith
Cornell '91  OSU Med '95