From:
Russ Bone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Russ Bone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 13:53:40 -0700
>The gophers seemed side tracked after a questionable call disallowing
>what appeared to be a goal (from our seats behind the net).  The gophers
>never got back into the game after that point.   Can someone respond who
>watched the game on TV telling me if the goal was actually a goal or if
>the call was correct...

I was watching the game on TV, and initially thought it was a goal, simply
because the opportunity was so good.  But the replay clearly showed that the
shot hit the pipe and bounced out.  I think it was one of three or four
post-rattlers in the first period (CC had at least two, maybe three in the
period).  I can see how the call would take the wind out of a team, but it
was certainly the correct call.