From:
Carl Sussman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carl Sussman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 14:55:15 -0500
>My question to you and the others who say Jack Parker would take his
>place with the greats of Boston were he to bring a Cup to Boston-who do you
>remember more from the last Bruin Stanley Cup team-Bobby Orr or the head
>coach at the time (his name escapes me)? I would daresay that if the Bruins
>were to win a Cup within the next five or six years with Jack Parker as head
>coach, the names Cameron Mann and Joe Thorton will be remembered more than
>Parker. Just one man's opinion.

Of course, I was assuming no one (or more) superstar would come along and
take the glory.  Boston fans are more aware of coaches and owners than many
others (for example, Tom Yawkey is still revered for bringing
respectability to the Red Sox over 50 years ago, and he never even got a
World Series title for Boston).  As for my memories of Boston's last
Stanley Cup. . .I wasn't alive (couldn't resist, I'm a Rangers fan :-)

Carl

Carl Sussman                                              Harvard Law School

[log in to unmask]                             Class of '99