From:
Jeremy Salmon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Salmon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 02:22:57 -0500
This was a rather interesting game.  BU completely surprised me w/ their
level & style of play. They were matching our style, and turned the game
around after killing that 5-min major. Their offense was intense, and a
few plays were something exotic that I had never really seen in CCHA games
before.

Being a fervently religious/zealous Michigan Hockey fan, I find it
difficult to say such things. I wonder if the threat BU eventually poised
shook them to a significant extent. In the latter part of the game, the
puck-handling was shaky, the defense paused too much, and many of the
attack formations simply fell apart before they were able to move on the
goal. Either that or I'm still upset..

I knew people that went to the game(Hi Mike! Hi Barb!), people all fired
up and ready to stomp on BU(again) and go on to beat Colorado(again). Heh.
And to think I almost went! All for the lack of a seat in a car... For those
Michigan fans out there actually did go to the game, lemme know how your
trip was.

I do wonder how strong the irony is/was that the team trying to repeat a
championship run was stopped by those last successful at doing so.

Nice that Morrison finally won the Hobey. It was about time that he
achieved that distinction. Drury's 2nd place finish seemed appropiate
after his performance Thursday night...

Oh well. Let's see if NoDak can truly pull off their much-hailed
"Cinderella" season...  Go Blue.

jeremy
--
"Sing to the Colors that float in the light..."
Jeremy Funk Salmon                                   [log in to unmask]

   "It's not whether you win or lose that counts, but how drunk you get."