From:
Daniel Olsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel Olsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 08:55:45 -0500
Classification:
Prologue: IBM Global Services
Managed Operations - North
Client Services Representative
Building 504 / 2J5-21, Fishkill, New York
Phone: 914-892-5259 or 8/532-5259
IBM Mail:  DOLSEN @ IBMUS or IBMUSM00(DOLSEN)
Internet Mail:  [log in to unmask]
Epilogue: Regards,
Dan Olsen

        03-26-97 08:35 AM
Please respond to [log in to unmask]@internet

To: [log in to unmask]@internet
cc:
Subject: Re: Fans

On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, Arthur Berman wrote:

> Mike, as usual, has a generous explanation for PC's lack of support.  I
> attended BU games at PC throughout the 70's and 80's (long before the
> Providence Bruins) including one memorable NC$$ play in game and
> attendence was usually abysmal.  Providence is a basketball town and
> school.

I don't know if Providence is really a 'basketball town'.  Granted, the Friars
had a pretty good run
this year, but they have hardly been the beasts of the Big East.  My idea of a
basketball town (at least as far as the Big East is concerned) would either be
Philly ('Nova, along with several other
good small schools) and Cuse (the Orangemen and the "little 3 schools in the
Syr-Roch-Buf area)  I've never been to a game in Providence, but it seems to me
that Brown has a decent showing most of the time on the road.  They don't have
the largest crowd, but I'm considering that Potsdam and Placid (the only 2
places I've seen Brown play) are a long way from Providence or any other city
for that matter.  Brown has even been known to bring their band (or did they
stop at Burger King in Potsdam and give the employees instruments...which is
still better than having to use members from other bands to make you sound good
in Lake Placid).
Dan Olsen
Clarkson '96
1996-97 ECAC Regular Season Champions