From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 14:19:22 -0500
On Mar 25, 12:02, Joe LaCour wrote:
>In the Cornell-UND game there was a North Dakota goal that
>was waved off.  Apparantly, the puck was hit in with the top
>of the stick, not the blade. Can someone clarify the rules
>regarding this?
>==
>Any goal scored by touching a stick with ANY part above
>the crossbar is a "high stick" and the goal shall be
>disallowed.  That is the rule book interpretation.  in practice,
>you'll only see the wave off if the puck strikes a stick above
>the crossbar.

Actually, my understanding of this non-goal was that it was waved off because
ND's Hoogsteen put the puck in with his hand, not the stick.  I'll have to look
at the tape again...

--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and '95
LET'S GO RED!!                                                  DJF  5/27/94
"What are you writing?"
"It's my new self-help book for compulsive shoppers."
"What do *you* know about compulsive shoppers?"
"I know they buy a lot of books."
-- "Dilbert"