From:
Daniel Olsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel Olsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 16:43:49 -0500
Classification:
Prologue: IBM Global Services
Managed Operations - North
Client Services Representative
Building 504 / 2J5-21, Fishkill, New York
Phone: 914-892-5259 or 8/532-5259
IBM Mail:  DOLSEN @ IBMUS or IBMUSM00(DOLSEN)
Internet Mail:  [log in to unmask]
Epilogue: Regards,
Dan Olsen

4E New Hampshire vs. 5E Colorado College

New Hampshire has got to have nightmares about Worcester, after an ugly loss to
the Pioneers in 1995.  Colorado College has been as much Dr. Jeckyll as Mr.
Hyde this season and how they show up is largely going to determine the outcome
of the game.  I think the team with the first goal will win the game, and that
UNH can use its offensive attack to get them past the first step in the NCAA
tournament.  Prediction:  UNH by 3.

3E Vermont vs. 6E Denver

Denver returns to Worcester after its 1-1 performance in 1995.  Their opponent,
however, is going to be one of the most dangerous teams in the tournament.
They have the quality and potential to be the best team in the nation and the
experience of a final four under their belts.  Look for the Cats to finally
break their season-long floundering and post a win over the Pioneers.
Prediction:  Cats by 2.

SATURDAY:

1E Clarkson vs. 4E UNH

Clarkson won the regular season meeting 5-2 and I expect the result to be
similar.  UNH has struggled defensively against teams with potent offenses all
season.  The Knights should be able to score off the UNH defense, while the
Knight defense will hold down the fort.  Prediction:  Golden Knights by 3.

2E Boston Univ. vs. 3E Vermont

The Terriers have finally put their bite to their bark, but I think the Cats
will have it all together for the tournament.  Prediction:  Cats by 1 in the
upset.

It would indeed be nice to see 2 ECAC teams in the final four, but
unfortunately I don't see them getting past the semis.  More next week.