From:
Donovan D Verrill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donovan D Verrill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 13:31:07 -0600
I was going to post this to US College Hockey Online, but I can't
remember my password, so here it is.

There has been some discussion on USCHO about hot goalies, well here's
the numbers.

School  name     last 8 game sv %   last 8 gaa   last 5 sv %   last 5 gaa

CC      Lambert      .926             2.5          .955          1.6
BU      Larocque     .944             1.5          .946          1.4
CRNL    Elliot       .935             1.9          .935          1.8
DU      Wagner       .932             2.0          .934          1.8
CLK     Murphy       .912             2.0          .933          1.4
ND      Schweitzer   .925             1.6          .924          1.8
MSU     Alban        .914             2.3          .922          2.0
UVM     Thomas       .919             2.5          .918          2.6
UNH     Matile       .892             3.1          .918          2.2
UMich   Turco        .901             1.8          .914          1.6
CC      Cugnet       ****             ***          .906          2.4
UMinn.  Debus        .899             2.5          .881          2.8
Miami   Prior        .896             2.9          .878          3.6

Columns are save percentage last 8 games, goals-against average the last
8 games, and the same stats for the last five games they've played.

These numbers are not exact, since some games goalies were pulled early,
but the numbers are close.  Some have said that Schweitzer is the weakest
of the bunch.  The numbers do not bear this out, obviously.  It seems
that Lambert is the hottest goalie going into the tournament, while Debus
and Prior are the "weakest."  However, all these goalies are top notch
and as we all know, as goalie can turn on and off from period to period.
Anyway, some food for thought.  Sorry if I omitted goalies, but I'm not
familiar with all of them!

One thing's for sure, it's going to be a blast watchng these teams go at it!

If somebody wants to post this to the USCHO message board (if you
remember your password :-), then go ahead.

Donovan Verrill                                 [log in to unmask]